Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Gifts: Rice Krispies

This Christmas, for the girls I work with, I put together a bag full of homemade treats. The bags were simple tote bags I bought from Michael's and I ironed on images of leaves, birds, and trees. They seemed to really like present. Here are the recipes to the snacks I put inside.

Homemade Rice Krispies

3 Tablespoons butter
1 package (10 oz) Marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
1/2 cup milk chocolate

In a large sauce pan over low heat melt butter. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.

Add Rice Krispies. Stir until well coated.

Using a buttered spatula press mixture into a 13x9x2 inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into rectangles.

Melt chocolate in microwave for about 20-40 seconds. Stir until smooth. Pour into a plastic bag, cut the tip off and drizzle over bars. Allow chocolate to set. Wrap in celophane.

No comments:

Post a Comment